Looking pretty slick is Antigravitator, an anti-gravity racer along the lines of the Wipeout series.
Not too shabby, huh? Actually, Antigraviator is looking great here in this first trailer. The game comes from Iceberg and developer Cybernetic Walrus, which is a small group out of Belgium. They’ve put the Unity engine through its paces with this one, which looks to play off of the legacy of Wipeout, a pretty big name in the futuristic racing circuit. Actually, I can kind of only think of that and F-Zero… it’s kind of a small niche for racing titles apparently.
Expect this one to hit around the second quarter of next year.
Here’s a rundown on what you’ll see when it arrives:
In the year 2210, racing has evolved far beyond its expected limits. New terraforming capabilities paired with scientific breakthroughs in the field of antigravity have given birth to a new spectacle: the Antigraviator tournament. In Antigraviator, players will race on exquisitely detailed stages, full of light-speed danger, chaos and mayhem. Gamers will guide their Grav in three gameplay modes across four different worlds with three tracks each. These dynamic courses come to life, while pushing the power of Unity to the limit.
Players can challenge their friends in the fiercely competitive multiplayer modes, either online or in split-screen mode. Race yourself to the top of the worldwide leaderboard and earn special ranked skins.
Gamers can sabotage their fellow racers by activating hover mines, damaging the environment to create a rockslide, causing tunnels to collapse, firing missiles from rocket launchers along the track and many more fiendish tricks.
Gravs are customizable, but choose wisely: deciding on one upgrade may mean compromising on another. Strategically tailor-make Gravs to gain the upper hand in races or face the crushing prospect of defeat. In addition to the customization options, unlockable skins will be available free of charge.
In this futuristic high-octane racing game, defying gravity is the least of your concerns.
- No speed limit!
- Play the single player campaign to unlock new parts, ships and skins
- Race your friends with local split-screen multiplayer for up to 4 players
- Race anybody in online multiplayer mode with rankings and leader boards
- Use environmental traps to overtake your opponents
- Power-ups and boosts allow you to become top of the track
- Vehicle customization gives you an edge over the opposition
- Four beautifully created sci-fi worlds with three dynamic courses each
- Stunning realistic 3D graphics powered by the Unity Engine
- Soundtrack featuring 12 intense tracks that will enhance your racing experience