Virtual reality isn’t the worst playing audio out of your TV speakers. But if you want the best experience, you need a good headset, and Turtle Beach has you covered.
You can use a bunch of headsets with VR headsets like the PSVR. I mean, you can even use earbuds if you like, though they certainly don’t sound all that great. They don’t block out ambient ‘real world’ sound either for that matter. So, with that in mind, you’re going to want something of a little higher quality if you’re going to get serious about VR gaming.
For their part, longtime headset-makers Turtle Beach have a little something that was built with the medium in mind. The Stealth 350VR is relatively new, seeing release at the top of last month, and sounds pretty great. A battery that’ll last you over 30 hours, over the ear cups, 50mm speakers, and a noise-cancelling mic are all great features. They’re somewhat typical of other headsets, including those from TB though.
What really sets the Stealth 350VR apart from the pack is something else entirely. First, the headset was made with VR headsets in mind, and that means that the band is constructed to allow for clearance that you won’t find too many other places. That PSVR helmet? It should fit with ease when wearing the 350VR’s. This thing’s even got special channels built in to allow for the Oculus and Vive’s cables.
Speaking of, you can easily swap out the cables. So whether you’re using a PS4 Pro, standard PS4, HTC Vive, or Oculus Rift, the Stealth 350VR’s will work just fine.
Turtle Beach has your stats
Here’s the full list of bullets:
- Battery-Powered Amplification – Louder is better! Turtle Beach’s Stealth 350VR gaming headset delivers amazing amplified game and chat audio for a more immersive experience, and allows gamers to play for over 30 hours on a single charge.
- Large 50mm Speakers – High-performance 50mm over-ear speakers deliver crisp highs and thundering lows.
- Variable Bass Boost – Variable Bass Boost enhances those thundering lows, adding depth and realism to VR gaming audio.
- Ergonomic “Built for VR” Design – The Stealth 350VR is designed to accommodate the PlayStation VR headband without interference. A special channel in the Stealth 350VR’s headband provides clearance for over-head cables on Oculus Rift and HTC Vive™.
- Detachable Noise-Cancelling Microphone – Eliminate unwanted background noise in the virtual world created from moving around in the real world. The Stealth 350VR’s noise-cancelling microphone provides crystal clear chat with other players, and can be easily detached when not in use.
- Mic Monitoring – Mic Monitoring allows gamers to hear their own voice inside the headset to avoid shouting at other players…unless you want to.
- Lightweight and Comfortable – The Stealth 350VR headset features a lightweight and comfortable design, with smooth, fabric-wrapped memory foam ear cushions to ensure a breathable, comfortable fit.
- Swappable Cable System – Comes with easily interchangeable cables to swap between the PlayStation VR, PS4™ Pro and PS4™, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.