Streets of Rage 4 has already brought the series back with a Bare Knuckle, and now it’s getting even better thanks to both paid and free DLC, out now.
Time to crack some heads
Mr. X Nightmare is finally here for Streets of Rage 4, and with the paid content comes a ton of new stuff. Priced in at $7.99 USD for all versions of the game, Mr. X includes the title Survival Mode, new fighters, weaponry, and more.
Here’s the rundown:
- Playable New Fighters: Introducing the playable debut of powerful officer Estel Aguirre, with the awaited return of fully realized playable versions of Max Thunder and Shiva, both beloved characters of Streets of Rage 2 & Streets of Rage 3.
- Survival Mode: An inventive, immensely replayable challenge where fighters beat down endless waves of foes and earn perks for as long as they can stay alive. The Random version of this mode keeps each fight unpredictable through generated runs, and the Weekly version has a series of static gauntlets generated each week that keeps players on their toes as they brawl their way through the streets of rage and fight for the top spot. Each completed level offers a choice of randomized stackable perks to choose from.
- New Moves: Braving Survival’s onslaughts also permanently unlocks new moves for use across any of Streets of Rage 4’s modes, allowing players to personalize movelists for their favorite characters. Even Retro characters now have new moves.
- New Badass Weaponry: Progress unlocks devastating new weapons within the incoming training mode, as well as gallery content.
- Leaderboards Show Who’s the Boss: The mode’s leaderboards keep track of the community’s well-fought runs too; who will be Wood Oak City’s finest fighter?
- New Tunes: Keep groovin’ with original music from Tee Lopes (Sonic Mania, League of Legends).
But wait, there’s more
In addition to the paid stuff above, there’s a free content download, that’s also sporting some goodies to freshen up the title.
- And Wait, There’s Even Moaaar: A separate free update adding an in-depth training system, color palette options, a fiendish New Mania+ difficulty, plus a wealth of refinements and balancing changes addressing feedback from Streets of Rage 4’s passionate community.
To celebrate all of this, co-developer Dotemu has beaten the price down a bit. The base game is 40% off right now on both Steam and Nintendo eShop, and the DLC is 15% off on the Switch, Steam, and Microsoft’s Store. Playing on the PS4? Then you get 10% off the price.
The sale is happening now through the 29th, so don’t forget to grab a copy before time runs out.