Nintendo is finally adding a few more titles to the Switch’s online subscription service, and they include the series capping DKC 3.
Dixie’s time to shine
I remember the first Donkey Kong Country for the SNES extremely well. It was a revelation, with its rendered looks, and also brought the big title ape back into the spotlight. The two sequels though, didn’t catch my eye for some reason.
But that’s me, and there are more than a few fans of the whole series. It’s understandable, since all of them were extremely well made adventures, and offered the addictive but tough-as-nails platforming action that only Nintendo could deliver.
And now, if you’re a subscriber to the Nintendo Switch’s online service, you can finally play all three of these gems in one place. Yep, Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble is set to hit the service this week, and it’s not alone. A total of 5 new games will be arriving, with 4 SNES titles and 1 NES entry.
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble! – Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have gone missing. As Dixie Kong checks in with the rest of the family, she gets stuck with babysitting duties! But that won’t stop her from going on her next adventure. Play as Dixie Kong or Kiddy Kong solo, against a friend or with a friend. Take advantage of their abilities as they throw each other into action in over 40 levels.
- The Ignition Factor – Intense firefighting action puts you in the heat of the moment. Take control of a brave firefighter as he battles to save people from towering infernos and flame-filled factories. Keep your cool to rescue all the victims. Get them out of the fire and back to safety!
- Super Valis IV – A reddish moon calls forth evil, and the bells toll for battle. Take on the role of Lena, the only warrior able enough to wield the Valis sword against the forces of evil in this action platformer. The longer you take clearing a stage, the stronger the boss at its end will get. Dash, jump and use the items you collect along the way to traverse all seven stages.
- Tuff E Nuff – Four champions seek to challenge the great tower! In this action game, your special attacks level up each time you defeat a certain number of enemies, making your hero grow even more powerful. Make good use of your guard, and carefully time your special attacks against all the tough guys you face on your way to Jade, the self-proclaimed Fighting King. With the instant-replay feature, you can have fun watching the last moments of a fight play out!
- Nightshade – Sutekh has blanketed Metro City under a shroud of crime and corruption. The big crime bosses now answer only to him. To avenge his fallen idol, Mark Gray dons the guise of Nightshade, the last person standing between Sutekh and total control of Metro City. Using a combo of point-and-click and action gameplay styles, stalk the streets of Metro City in search of vengeance.
All of the above will be landing on the Switch on December the 18th, this Friday. Again though, this is for subscribers only.