The returning DC Comics animated show has arrived for LEGO DC Super Villains. The expansion adds in a new level and characters.
You know it, you love it, and now Young Justice has returned to the airwaves. The DC Comics streaming service is home to a third season of the popular animated superhero epic, though that’s not all the YJ that fans are in for.
In addition, LEGO DC Super Villains is getting an expansion dedicated to the property, and it’s actually available today. The pack introduces “Kid Flash, Aqualad, Artemis (Tigress), Miss Martian, SuperBoy and a new villain to fight and unlock, Black Beetle.”
Here’s how the new roster breaks down:
- Kid Flash plays a key role in the new level and is the youthful alias of Wally West who initially adopted the name after being struck by lightning like his uncle, The Flash. Kid Flash has superhuman speed and served as a sidekick to The Flash. His first appearance was during the second season of Young Justice.
- The son of villain Black Manta, Aqualad, uses his powers of hydrokinesis, super-strength, and invulnerability, alongside his ability to survive underwater. In the animated series, Aqualad helped and befriended Aquaman, who then offered Aqualad the opportunity to become his protégé and serve as a Super Hero for the Team during the first season of Young Justice.
- As a master archer, Artemis (Tigress) is skilled with a compound bow and the former protégé of Super Hero, Green Arrow. She was recruited by Batman and Green Arrow to join the Team during the first season of Young Justice. Though her real name is Artemis, she also operates under a secret villain alias and appearance known as Tigress.
- In the first season of the Young Justice animated series, Miss Martian runs away from her home on Mars without saying goodbye. Now on Earth, she has a strong desire to fit in with Earthlings. Upon joining the Team, she uses her abilities such as telepathy to know what those around her are thinking – sometimes to the disdain of her teammates. Miss Martian becomes the leader of ‘the Team’ during the series.
- SuperBoy is a genomorph and a binary clone of Superman and Lex Luthor, as well as a founding member of the ‘Team’. He shares both physical traits of Superman and never visibly ages due to the side effects of cloning. SuperBoy was liberated from the cloning project by Aqualad, Robin, and Kid Flash and soon joined with the young Super Heroes to convince Batman to allow them to create their own team in the first season of Young Justice.
- Black Beetle is part of ‘The Reach’, an insectoid species of alien and ally to The Light. He has super-strength which he uses to overpower his opponents in battle. Players will be able to fight against him and unlock Black Beetle as part of the level and character pack. Black Beetle made his appearance during the second season of Young Justice.
Ready to dive in? The pack is available right now and is included in the season pass for LEGO DC Super Villains.