The lauded PC RPG from ZA/UM is coming to the Nintendo Switch, and in short order. Disco Elysium arrives on the console next month.
If you’re an RPG fan who hasn’t played Disco Elysium yet, well you might not be an RPG fan. You might also have made a good decision, since the game is bringing its massive world to the Nintendo Switch.
It’s making the leap in Final Cut form too, which means “one million professionally voice acted words by actors from all over the world”. On top of that monster-sized improvement, there are also all new areas, and new quality of life enhancements.
All in all, the Final Cut edition of Disco Elysium seems to be the version you want to play. And pretty soon, you’ll be able to play it almost anywhere.
From the press release:
- New Political Vision Quests: Face the reality of your worldview as your political compass leads you down new paths. Discover more citizens, a whole extra area, and monumental sights as you leave an even bigger mark on the world by chasing your dreams.
- Full Voice Acting: All the city’s beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
- Improved Playability: Full controller support and customization lets you play with your preferred setup. Enjoy an expanded range of language options.
- Real Role-Playing: Customize your character with wildly different skills, clothing items, and tools – from guns to a flashlight and a boombox. Develop new ideas in the detective’s Thought Cabinet to change how you approach and handle each situation.
- Unprecedented Freedom: Death, sex, taxes, and disco – nothing is off the table in this open world. Solve a massive murder investigation or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. Disco Elysium’s revolutionary dialogue system lets you do almost anything.
Disco Elysium: Final Cut hits the Switch on October 12th, and is pre-orderable right now via the eShop.