Ziggurat has just seen the side-scrolling BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites released, and now they’ve got both of the series’ classic titles coming up.
BloodRayne is back once again, following up on the recent release of Fresh Bites. If you don’t know what that is by the way, it’s the remaster of the side-scrolling action title BloodRayne Betrayal, and just arrived by way of Ziggurat Interactive.
Now that same company is bringing even more of Rayne to consoles, with the ReVamped editions. BloodRayne and BloodRayne II ReVamped seem to more or less be the console ports of the PC’s Terminal Cut editions.
While both of the new editions will port the original games to modern consoles, you can of course expect upgrades.
Included will be:
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160)
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Improvements to lighting at the engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- Localizations include:
- BloodRayne: Voiced audio and localized text for English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish.
- BloodRayne 2: Voiced audio in English and Russian. Localized text for English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
BloodRayne ReVamped 1 and 2 don’t yet have announced release dates. You can likely expect them to hit the Xbox One, PS4, and Switch some time soon though. And while we’re at it, it will indeed be playable on the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S as well.