BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 are getting terminal… as in Terminal Cuts. That’s the new title of the remasters heading to PC courtesy of Ziggurat.
The Rayne continues
BloodRayne has certainly been dormant for some time as a series, but it’s coming back around for PC gamers this month. It’s all thanks to Ziggurat Interactive, who picked up the rights to the games.
The publisher set to work on creating remasters of both titles in short order, and the result is BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut. The subtitles actually have a deeper meaning too, being nods to Terminal Reality, the original developers of the games. Kind of nice.
In any event, fans of the aRPG series will find the same games that they loved the first time around, but with some enhancements.
Among what’s new, you’ll find:
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160)
- Improved rendering with up to 4x anti-aliasing
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Support for modern gamepads (XInput controller support)
- Improvements to lighting at engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- Localizations include:
- BloodRayne: Fully voiced with localized interfaces in English, French, Italian, Spanish
- BloodRayne 2: Localized interface and subtitles for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Optimized for Windows 10
Both BloodRayne titles are coming up fast, releasing on the PC on the 20th of this month.