Catherine: Full Body highlights this week’s Nintendo Download, bringing with it a smaller-than-usual assortment of indie titles.
Full bodied gaming
Catherine strikes me as one of the stranger titles to see the light of day. It was released a while back, and yet I’m still not 100% sure what it exactly is. Is it a puzzler? An adventure game? Actually, it’s billed as both, plus with some action on top.
But even though I am in the dark on the game, Catherine has a pretty decent fanbase. So decent in fact that it got a sorta re-release. That comes in the form of Catherine: Full Body, which hits Nintendo’s console this week.
This is usually the part of the Download where I say that ‘it’s not alone’, but it kinda sorta is. That’s due to the rest of the list being a bit more than anemic (though Superliminal looks interesting).
There just isn’t much hitting in this Independence week (in the US). That’s not to say there aren’t some other games posting, there just aren’t many, and what there are, well, they’re not all that notable.
Still, maybe you’ll find a diamond in the rough.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Catherine: Full Body – Vincent has been with his girlfriend, Katherine, for five years. But instead of taking the next step into marriage, Vincent finds himself captivated by the blonde bombshell, Catherine. Adding to Vincent’s dilemma, he begins having nightmares that force him to climb for his life. Will he survive the trials and tribulations of love, or fall to temptations? This mature action-adventure puzzler will thrill players with a story that delves into relationships and difficult choices. Catherine: Full Body will be available on July 7.
- Superliminal – As you fall asleep with the TV on at 3 a.m., you remember catching a glimpse of the commercial from Dr. Pierce’s Somnasculpt dream therapy program. By the time you open your eyes, you’re already dreaming – beginning the first stages of this experimental program. Superliminal is a first-person puzzle game based on forced perspective and optical illusions. Players need to change their perspective and think outside the box to wake up from the dream. Superliminal will be available on July 7.
- Vigor – Vigor is a free-to-play shoot ‘n’ loot game in which you loot, gather resources and take risks. Blast your way out or don’t fight at all. Build your shelter and vital equipment and become the courageous Outlander. Shoot your way out of encounters with 6-12 players.* Humanity has fallen. You shall rise. Vigor will be available on July 8.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- Arcade Archives Wiz
- Being Stronger While Playing! SilverStar Go DX
- Clash Force – Available July 3
- Couch Co-Op Bundle Vol. 2
- Digerati Indie Darling Bundle Vol. 3
- Dune Sea
- Gerty – Available July 6
- Ghost Grab 3000 – Available July 3
- GRISAIA PHANTOM TRIGGER 01&02
- Infini – Available July 3
- Infliction: Extended Cut
- Keen: One Girl Army
- Pool Slide Story
- Singled Out – Available July 3
- Starlit Adventures Golden Stars – Available July 3
- The Otterman Empire
- The Wanderer: Frankenstein’s Creature
- Zombies ruined my day – Available July 4
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS:
*Additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.