Mezco Toys’ One:12 action figure line is getting wild. The highly articulated series of collector figures is getting Dr. Zaius, from Planet of the Apes.
Just imagine the song from Simpsons
Yes, we all know the meme, but Dr. Zaius is truly a classic sci-fi (?) film classic. The character, hailing from the 1968 Planet of the Apes movie, was a member of the Ape National Assembly and Chief Defender of Faith.
He was also, as I remember it, not very nice. And now he’s ready to glare angrily at the more human action figures on your shelf. Or at least, he will be come this Holiday Season.
Dr. Zaius is set to ship sometime from October to December of this year, and will come complete with an assortment of accessories and a PotA-branded stand.
Scroll down to check out all that’ll be in the box, or click here to secure a figure for yourself. Dr. Zaius will run you $85 USD.
THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE DR. ZAIUS FIGURE FEATURES:
- One:12 Collective body with over 28 points of articulation
- Two (2) head portraits
- Hand painted authentic detailing
- Approximately 16cm tall
- Twelve (12) interchangeable hands including
- One (1) pair of fists (L & R)
- One (1) pair of pointing hands (L & R)
- One (1) pair of holding hands (L & R)
- One (1) pair of posing hands pointing hand (L & R)
- Two (2) pairs of open hands (L & R)
- Tunic shirt
- Overcoat with embossed detailing
- Pleated pants
- One (1) human doll
- One (1) paper airplane
- One (1) miniature Lawgiver statue
- One (1) walking cane
- Two (2) Sacred Scrolls
- One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
- One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post