The supernatural action/adventure from 505 and developer Remedy just hit stores, but there’s plenty more to come for the game in the new year.
More control than ever
Control’s narrative focuses on something called The Oldest House. A kind of cross rip between worlds, The Oldest House is home to The Bureau. A shadowy group, they keep watch over odd happenings in the world.
The story of the base game is completely contained within The Oldest House. And that’s something that’s going to continue into the downloadable content. Today 505 and Remedy have announced what’s on the way to expand the game and it’s locale.
- Expansions: In 2020, two full, paid Expansions will be released, The Foundation and AWE. Both will offer new story missions, teams, enemies and game mechanics, and will take place in new locations within the Oldest House.
- The Foundation will delve into the history of the Oldest House. At the request of the ever-mysterious Board, Jesse must explore what lies beneath the Bureau as she returns order to the Foundation and the Oldest House itself.
- The second Expansion, AWE, will take Jesse into a new area of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events.
But wait, there’s more!
In addition to the actual expansions, Control will receive its own version of the trendy ‘photo mode’. But even that’s not all as a “New Game Mode” is coming up too. Both will be hitting much sooner than 2020’s offerings. And of course, both will be free.
- Photo Mode: Remedy is working on the much-desired Photo Mode, arriving this fall free to all players, which will enable players to take awesome snapshots of Jesse in the Oldest House.
- New Game Mode: In December, the Expeditions game mode will be released, offering challenging new end-game content in which Jesse must help Security Chief Arish explore the mysterious Formation and its strange surroundings. Here you will face some of the greatest challenges the Oldest House has to throw at you. Expeditions will be free to all players.