Pre-season is here, and so is RBI Baseball 19. The hardball title sports improvements including online play and weekly roster updates.
The classic returns
Playing second fiddle to Sony’s The Show for a few years now, the reborn series that is RBI Baseball seems to be making some solid improvements. That’s a good thing, since the game is the only baseball title available on hardware other than the PlayStation.
2019’s version of RBI Baseball includes:
- Your Franchise with Total Flexibility: Develop and manage your MLB squad across multiple seasons by adding at the trade deadline, signing free agents, calling up prospects and even taking advantage of newly added two-way players.
- Fashion Sense: Every official 2019 uniform for all 30 teams and more gear & equipment options than ever before.
- Authentic MLB Players: Updated player models including over 350 redesigned likenesses, hundreds of new animations, more realistic player movements and reactions to deliver a whole new level of authenticity.
- Revamped Physics: Reengineered ball physics bring realism to every pitch, hit, and play.
- Legends & Legend Teams: Play as 165+ all-time greats. All-new Legends Teams available for play on Exhibition Mode and Friendly Online matches.
- Stunning Environments: Amplified lighting, textures, cinematic sequences and 3-D crowd system in all 30 ballparks.
- Home Run Derby, Your Way: Pick any MLB player or MLB Legend, compete in any MLB ballpark and customize a bracket for the ultimate Derby showdown.
- Online Multiplayer: Play ranked and friendly exhibition games with friends and the rest of the world.
- Bigger and Better Soundtrack: A new soundtrack with music from popular artists including OneRepublic, CHVRCHES, Greta Van Fleet, and many more!
- Weekly Stats & Roster Updates: Stay up-to-date with weekly roster updates throughout the regular season with performance-based statistical tuning.
I like the sound of some of that quite a lot. And from the looks of this latest trailer, the game has had its visuals stepped up as well. That’s always a good thing.