Want the adventure without that pesky story cramping your style? Atlus’ Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl has you covered there too.
Atlus has been talking up the new story mode in Etrian Odyssey Untold more than anything else. As the first Etrian Odyssey to feature a narrative, you can understand why. Purists shouldn’t be too troubled by this though, because as you can see, the game still has the classic adventuring that has captured fans attention time and again- it’s just not the sole focus this time around.
Landsknecht – Skilled melee combatants that balance offence and defenseThe game’s Classic Mode will feature a total of nine classes, all of which will be available for all your dungeon crawling (or walking) needs. Right from the opening, your party will have access to:
- Survivalist – Ranged archers with deadly arrow skills
- Protector – Stalwart defenders that increase survivability
- Dark Hunter – Specializes in debuffs and status effects to control the beasts of the labryinth
- Medic – Specialist healers that keep parties alive
- Alchemist – Elemental damage dealers with a wide range of versatility
- Troubadour – Use songs and dances to support parties with healing and buffs
- Ronin – Relentless attackers that are concerned only with dealing damage
- Hexer – Magical support that uses damaging and debilitating curses
So there you go. Current Etrian fans have exactly what they’ve always loved about the series and gamers who’ve stayed away in the past now have a meaty story to sink their role-playing fangs into. The best of both worlds? Yup.
If you’d like to try before you buy, there’s a demo scheduled to hit the eShop on the 16th of this month (which is this coming Monday). A very cool note about that- the saves from the demo will carry over to the main game. So you don’t have to worry about pouring some time into the demo version and then playing the same thing over again when you pick up the full title. Being that that’s one of the main reasons that I don’t play demos at all, I’d like to give Atlus a pat on the back for that one.
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl arrives on the Nintendo 3DS on October 1st.