Suit up- Games Workshop’s sci-fi dungeon crawler is almost here and Steam preordering has commenced.
Developer Full Control announced today that the first game to bear the name Space Hulk in 17 long years (hard to believe) will be bringing its own brand of turn-based action to PC’s later next month. The game is set on a massive derelict space craft or ‘Space Hulk’ that’s overrun with alien Genestealers from the vicious, insect-like Tyranid race.
“We’ve been sweating away on Space Hulk for several months and are excited to finally unleash our take of this classic, iconic franchise, that perfectly recreates the classic claustrophobic board game experience for single and multiplayer play”, said Thomas Hentschel Lund, CEO of Full Control. “As enormous fans of the franchise, we know that this game will drive home with the players and are excited to finally let battle commence”.
If you preorder your copy of the game, you’ll be in store for some goodies too with both a banner for multiplayer and a Genestealer skin for the single player campaign included in the preorder pack. Those are the incentives, here’s what the actual game will include:
- The first Space Hulk video game in 17 years – available on multiple platforms (PC, Mac and iPad)
- Set in the hugely popular Warhammer 40,000 universe – official license of the legendary boardgame from Games Workshop.
- Turn-based tactical strategy game based on the popular and iconic board game mechanics.
- Blood Angel Terminators – Fight the ferocious Genestealers with heroes of the mighty Blood Angels.
- Fearsome Genestealers with challenging AI – meet unforgiving hordes of Genestealers
- Thematic 3D environment – experience the dark labyrinth of a Space Hulk as never before.
- Single player campaign based on the “Sin of Damnation” Space Hulk – Take on the Sin of Damnation campaign, which includes 3 brand new prequel missions and the 12 missions from the classic board game.
- Multiplayer head-to-head recreating the board game experience against a friend – get in the hot seat and battle it out with a friend.
- Cross platform multiplayer between Windows PC, Mac and iOS – play asynchronous against friends and foes on multiple platforms.
Space Hulk is set to launch on the PC on August 15th, which isn’t all that far off. An iOS version is on the way as well, but there’s no release date confirmed for that one as of now.