It’s all-out war as the forces of the underworld siege the realm of man in Team17 and RocketBrush Studio’s dark fantasy aRPG The Unliving.
Coming to unlife
Bullets, right from the press release:
- Turn enemies into obedient undead minions: Reincarnate fallen foes into loyal soldiers that obey every command
- Sacrifice the undead: The Necromancer can sacrifice members of his undead legions to release powerful spells that can change the course of the battle
- Enjoy hand-drawn levels: The world of The Unliving is procedurally generated from a selection of meticulously crafted and highly detailed pixel art
- Death is only the beginning: Through each permadeath players will be resurrected, keeping their progression and unlocks, each attempt better equipping the Necromancer to take on the challenges that lurk in the shadows
- Overcome gruelling bosses: Powerful creatures prowl the wilderness, waiting for their chance to take down the Necromancer, each boasts its own fighting style and abilities, requiring strategic gameplay to overcome
- Unlock the secrets of necromancy: Cryptic notes, coerced information, and ancient artifacts will be instrumental in piecing together the truth behind the necromancer’s immortality, and the unnatural abilities he wields.
The Unliving is set to launch on the PC some time in 2022, in Early Access form. But before it gets to that, there’s a demo that you can check out right now on Steam.
The demo showcases one level from the finished game, as well as a boss fight. It also includes a few special abilities that’ll give you a taste of what undead combat will feel like when the Early Access title arrives.