Hot on the heels of Marvel Comics’ return to 2099 is Earth X’. Fans be getting a new miniseries and also an impressive set of variant covers.
X is next
I have to admit, I’ve never read Earth X. Originally a Marvel Comics event from 1999, Earth X featured an alternate world where that version of the Marvel U fell victim to a series of catastrophes.
It resulted in a vastly different version of the universe that fans know, one where everyone had Terrigen-spawned superpowers. It’s also one that spawned two sequels. Actually, let’s make it three.
The newly announced Marvels X will dawn in January, from Alex Ross and Jim Krueger. But it won’t be alone on stands, as Marvel is also planning the release of some variant covers.
These will be available along with the usual assortment of unrelated series’, including X-Force, Doctor Strange, and Thor. All done by painter Ross, these are some incredible looking covers.
Check out the gallery and checklist below to see what’ll be out there and available just after the turn of the year.
- CAPTAIN MARVEL #14 MARVELS X VARIANT by ALEX GARNER – NOV190880
- DEADPOOL #3 MARVELS X VARIANT by DAVID YARDIN with colors by MORRY HOLLOWELL – NOV190889
- DR. STRANGE #2 MARVELS X VARIANT by OLIVIER VATINE – NOV190876
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1 MARVELS X VARIANT by SKAN – NOV190749
- IRON MAN 2020 #1 MARVELS X VARIANT by CHRISTIAN WARD – NOV190762
- SPIDER-MAN #5 MARVELS X VARIANT by JAVIER RODRIGUEZ – NOV190911
- THOR #1 MARVELS X VARIANT by RYAN BROWN – AUG199023
- VENOM #22 MARVELS X VARIANT by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER – NOV190904
- X-FORCE #5 MARVELS X VARIANT by GREG LAND with inks by JAY LEISTEN and colors by FRANK D’ARMATA – NOV190822