NetherRealm’s downloadable content offerings for Mortal Kombat 11 will include not just MK faves, but also superhero Spawn.
Seemingly every Mortal Kombat fan alive was tweeting about Spawn in MK11 at some post over the last few weeks. The Image Comics superhero, created by Todd McFarlane, is a seemingly perfect fit for the brutal and gory fighting game series after all.
This week, we’ve got the confirmation that yes, he will be in the game at some point relatively soon. That’s due to him being included in the Kombat Pack of DLC for MK11.
He’s not alone though, as NetherRealm has knocked this one out of the park. Expect MK3’s Nightwolf and Sindel to join Spawn, right along side that magic-casting favorite Shang Tsung.
Oh, and surprise – Shang Tsung’s combat form looks like none other than Cary Tagawa. You might recognize him from 1995’s MK movie where he played Tsung.
Your soul is his? You bet it is.
In total, the Kombat Pack will include:
- Spawn will join the Mortal Kombat 11 roster as a new guest character, along with two other guest fighters to be confirmed at a later date
- Three Klassic Kombatants return as DLC characters: Shang Tsung, Nightwolf and Sindel
- Character skin and gear sets for each DLC character
- Bonus Johnny Cage Ninja Mime character skin and gear set
- 18 bonus character skins for existing Mortal Kombat 11 characters*
- One-week early access for all content listed above