There’s no denying the impact that the original PlayStation had on the video game industry. And now Sony’s baby has it’s own retrospective tome.
History of Play
If you were a video game fan in the late 90s, then you were probably a PSOne gamer. The console stormed the video game word, breaking through and busting apart the old “big two” industry norm. I remember the time very well, having bought an import PSOne, because I couldn’t wait to dive into what Sony had built.
I wasn’t disappointed either. The PSOne delivered blockbusters and niche favorites galore, right from the jump. As little as most gamers might think of Battle Arena TohShinDen, it was a favorite of mine at the time. And let’s not forget Tekken, a fighting series that’s still going strong. Lots of great memories.
The brand new PlayStation Anthology is set to mine that vast array of goodness with a deep dive into the first PlayStation. Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- A Full History of the Machine – From its Genesis, Successes, and Fame, to its Well-Earned Retirement
- Official Games that Were Cancelled
- Official Accessories
- 26 Exclusive Interviews
- Never-Before-Released Information
- The Rarest and Most Sought-After Games
- 458 paged hardback (Collector’s Edition) (Classic Edition 386 pages)
The book is available right now, via the links below. The collectors edition can be purchased only from Geeksline Publishing. It’ll run you $54.90 USD.
- Amazon US – PlayStation Anthology – Classic Edition
Price : us$44.90
- Amazon UK- PlayStation Anthology – Classic Edition
Price : £34.90