Marvel is ringing in all the new Secret Wars goodness in 2015 with a box set that includes a monster amount of content from the original early 80s event.
Oh man is this one not to miss if you’re a longtime Marvel fan, or just happen to be in love with the original Secret Wars for that matter. So if you’re not aware (and if you’re not, then you don’t read this site often), Marvel is launching a brand new Secret Wars in Summer 2015. The book will have a ton of different Marvel realities and universes crossing over with one another on an all-new Battleworld, which is the same planet that the original Secret Wars took place on. We don’t know if cosmic baddie The Beyonder will be back to hold these new gladiatorial games or not, but it might not be wise to doubt it.
Whatever the new event might hold though, the original is still a classic in crossover event (not to mention toy-selling) history. And if you’re a fan, you’re going to want this new box set. The Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars: Battleworld Box Set Slipcase is a monster of a set that includes every book that crossed over with the Secret Wars 1 & 2 event books, plus a bunch more.
“Our Marvel Famous Firsts: 75th Anniversary Masterworks Slipcase Set was a huge hit with fans and retailers, selling out almost instantaneously. We knew we had to follow that up with something big,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “Not only do you get the entire history of Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars along with a complete hardcover jam packed with extras and bonus material, but they are all presented in one of the most stunning packages we’ve ever produced.”
- MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS: BATTLEWORLD BOX SET SLIPCASE is only available in extremely limited quantities, so don’t miss your chance to own a piece of Marvel history. This slipcase will arrive at local comic shops in June 2015 containing the following volumes:
- MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS: TO BATTLEWORLD AND BACKPREMIERE HC – 334 pgs. – collecting Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #251–252, Incredible Hulk (1968) #294-295, Iron Man (1968) #181-182, Thing (1983) #10, Uncanny X-Men (1981) #180-181, Captain America (1968) #292, Avengers (1963) #242-243, Thor (1966) #341 and material from Fantastic Four (1961) #265
- MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS PREMIERE HC – 328 pgs. – collecting Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1-12
- THING: BATTLEWORLD PREMIERE HC – 328 pgs. – collecting Thing (1983) #11-22, and Fantastic Four (1963) #274 and #277
- SECRET WARS II VOL. 1 PREMIERE HC – 280 pgs. – collecting Secret Wars II #1-3, New Mutants (1983) #30, Captain America (1968) #308, Uncanny X-Men (1981) #196, Iron Man (1968) #197, Web of Spider-Man (1985) #6, Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #268, Fantastic Four (1961) #282 and Avengers (1963) #260.
- SECRET WARS II VOL. 2 PREMIERE HC – 296 pgs. – collecting Secret Wars II #4-6, Daredevil (1964) #223, Incredible Hulk (1968) #312, Alpha Flight (1983) #28, Dazzler #40, Avengers (1963) #261, Thing (1983) #30, Doctor Strange (1974) #74, Fantastic Four (1961) #285and Cloak & Dagger (1985) #4
- SECRET WARS II VOL. 3 PREMIERE HC – 296 pgs. – collecting Secret Wars II #7-8, Power Pack (1984) #18, Thor (1966) #363, Power Man & Iron Fist #121, New Mutants (1983) #36-37, New Defenders #152, Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #273, Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) #111 and Uncanny X-Men (1981) #202
- SECRET WARS II VOL. 4 PREMIERE HC – 288 pgs. – collecting Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #274, Avengers (1963) #265-266, Uncanny X-Men (1981) #203, and Fantastic Four (1961) #288 and #316-319
- SECRET WAR PREMIERE HC – 344 pgs. – collecting New Avengers: Illuminati (2007) #3, Secret War #1-5, Pulse #6-9 and Secret War: From the Files of Nick Fury
- BEYOND THE SECRET WARS PREMIERE HC – 352 pgs. – collecting Beyond! #1-6, Spider-Man & The Secret Wars #1-4, What IF? (1989) #4 and #114, What If? Secret Wars, and Venom/Deadpool: What If?
- MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS: BEHIND THE SCENES PREMIERE HC – 360 pgs. – The secrets behind the Secret Wars! Discover everything you ever wanted to know — and more — about Marvel’s history of covert combats in this compendious collection of bonus content and special features for MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS, SECRET WARS II, SECRET WAR, BEYOND! and more! From original art to design sketches to posters to MARVEL AGE articles to OFFICIAL HANDBOOK entries to alternate and reprint covers — if this volume doesn’t have it, you don’t need it! See Mike Zeck’s original pencils for MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS #1, and the original version of SECRET WARS II #1 by Sal Buscema! Learn about the shield-slinging, secret-swapping action-figure line that tied in with the comic! Savor a gallery of rarities from Marvel UK! And prepare to get nostalgic as we shine a spotlight on the original epic, thirty years on!
- MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS ALEX ROSS POSTER