FX network’s upcoming TV adaptation of the Guillermo Del Toro Dark Horse Comics horror book The Strain will ease you into a state of relaxation at one of the biggest entertainment assemblages in the US- SXSW.
This show just gets bigger and more all-encompassing every year. The addition of major ‘attractions’ like this one just adds more fuel to the fire that is SXSW, which has got to be almost up there with SDCC at this point. As go places too visit at the ‘con’, The Strain Transformation Station is one that should be marked pretty high up on your list of stuff to check out.
Firstly, if you’ve read the comic from Dark Horse or any of the novels, then you’re probably already pretty pumped to check out the new show that’ll be airing on FX Network this Summer. If not, all you really need to know ifs that The Strain is a fresh take on vampires and way more horror-centric than anything that’s come along in the first few years of the 21st century (I’m looking at you Twilight).
The Transformation Station at SXSW will be decidedly less horrific than the show/comic/book though. Actually, it sounds downright awesome.
- Operating from March 7 through March 10, 12:00pm – 6:00pm
- Located in the prominent downtown Austin location 419 Congress Ave. @ 5th Street
- A hostess will be on hand to book power-nap appointments in 10 Rejuvenation Pods with additional sitting area/lounge
- Appointments may also be booked ahead of time through the custom mobile site (www.thestrainpods.com)
- The Strain Vaccine (branded energy shots) will be distributed in and around the venue
- The Strain novels and special-edition comic books will be available for takeaway
Sleeping, drinks, and free comics? Oh and the pods will all be equipped with tablets showing off new stuff from the show. Yep, all that’s definitely more appealing than being turned into a revoltingly long-tongued vampire alright …for most people anyway.