For all your piratical strategizing and fleet building needs.
There’s a lot of cool functionality there, but I’m most interested in the expanded view map and the waypoint setting right from the App. It’s probably the simplest stuff that the program can do, but it might have the biggest effect on your game since you can see a lot farther with the mobile map than you can with the in-game version. Although, I have to say that Kenway’s Fleet sounds pretty great too.
- Interactive World Map – More exhaustive than your in-game map; see your mission objectives in real-time, set waypoints, zoom in and out, and search for locations with the tip of your finger. It’s also a great way to involve someone else in your single player experience as a friend can be take on the role of your quartermaster.
- Kenway’s Fleet – You can now interact with the main game 24/7, wherever you may be. Use the ships that you have captured to send on missions, secure routes and collect cargo and currency. The Atlantic Ocean is thriving with opportunities and you’ll need many ships to take full advantage. You can even help secure your Uplay friends’ routes and get rewarded.
- Progress Tracker – All your game data is stored here, including main mission progress, crafting completion, and your current game status.
- Treasure Maps – Find treasure maps in-game and see them on your second screen while you cross-reference the real-world location on your TV.
- Initiates Wall – Display received messages, notifications from your friends and find community challenges.
- Animus Database – Easily view, at your leisure, all the Animus Database entries unlocked in the main game.
That’s a lot of functionality for a free App. Oh, didn’t I mention that? Yep, the Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Companion App is 100% free of charge. You can grab it on Google Play here or on iOS here.