If you’re into collector-level figures, then you know full well what Hot Toys brings to the table. With that in mind, check out their Batman stuff for 2022.
The fire rises
Did you like The Dark Knight Rises? The capper to the ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy of films from director Christopher Nolan is a little bit divisive, so you’re forgiven if it wasn’t your bag. Chances are though, that you dug the first two films in that series quite a bit.
If you did, then you will probably like what high-end collectible maker Hot Toys has cooked up. It’d actually be kind of shocking if you didn’t, since the two latest announcements from the company are pretty terrific.
First up is the Dark Knight himself.
This version of Batman has a ton of accessories, including multiple expression options and weapons, a Bruce Wayne head sculpt (featuring actor Christian Bale), and an eye option that mimics the beloved tech-cowl. Well, beloved by me anyway. I obviously don’t know if you thought that was freaking awesome-looking and not used enough, or are wrong.
Have a look at what’s included:
From the press release:
|The Dark Knight Rises 1:6 scale collectible figure is sophisticatedly crafted based on the appearance of Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne in the iconic film. This highly-detailed figure features:|
• A highly detailed helmeted Batman head sculpt with separate adjustable eyes, and four interchangeable lower face-plates, offering a wide variety of facial expressions
• A newly developed, hand-painted head sculpt of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the movie with accurate facial expression, detailed hair, wrinkles and skin texture
• A newly-developed 1:6 scale body with over 32 points of articulation
• Multiple interchangeable gloved hands for a wide range of posing and display options
• A newly-developed Batsuit combining tailored fabric and armor
• An intricately detailed utility belt with accessories
• One EMP rifle with LED light up function (battery operated)
• One transformable sticky bomb gun
• One grapnel gun
• Three batarangs
• Two mini-mines
• A stone-effect diorama figure base with steps, a movie logo and a character nameplate
As for announcement number 2, that’d be the Bat-Pod.
Batman’s Tumbler escape pod/motorcycle is fully detailed and scaled to the 12″ figure above. Yeah, it’s a big boy, and it’s looking both film-accurate and great here.
From the press release:
Measuring approximately 58.5cm in length, the Bat-Pod is recreated in one-sixth scale with exceptional precision and outstanding paint application.
• Highly accurate aerodynamic design with wire details, wide tires, and weaponry on the front axles
• Front headlights with light-up function (white light, battery operated)
• Rotatable rubber tires
• Multiple mechanical features including munitions clusters (cannons, machines guns, and grappling hook launchers), operator controls and guards, saddle, and footrest
• An adaptor for equipping the EMP rifle (EMP rifle not included)
Both pieces that you see above are ready for pre-order now, via Hot Toys’ retailing partner Sideshow Toys, but you won’t get them for a good long time. Believe it or not, these aren’t set to ship till 2022. Still, with these things there’s always the possibility that a pre-order will be well worth it.
Click here for the Bat-Pod, which is priced in at $285.00 USD and set to ship in the spring of 2022. Click here for the Batman himself, who’s going to arrive at the same time, and is priced at $290.00 USD.