The first installment of Ubisoft’s ambitious downloadable content for last year’s Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is finally here. The Fate of Atlantis begins.
If you’re somehow unaware, one of the very best games of 2018 was Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Ubisoft’s latest game set in the AC universe was massive, sprawling, and designed to have legs well into the current year.
That’s due to the deep dlc plan. It saw not only side adventures to expand the main story, but also one that is unfolding right now. That’s Fate of Atlantis, a quest that’ll be arriving in 3 parts.
The first is Fields of Elysium. There players will bring the heroes of the main game face to face with the gods themselves…
Fields of Elysium introduces players to the paradise of Elysium, an otherworldly realm of luscious growth and no conflict, ruled by the goddess Persephone. As the story unfolds, players uncover its sinister secrets while trying to unlock the power of the Staff of Hermes to find a way out of Elysium. Helping Hermes, Persephone’s friend Hekate, and the human Adonis, players uncover the true nature of Elysium as it inevitably descends into civil war.Ubisoft press release
Now, ideally, you will have finished up with the story of the aforementioned main quest. If you have, then you’ll be ready to dive into Fate of Atlantis. There you’ll find not only the above, but also a few new tricks for you to learn.
A total of four new ability enhancements will be included in Fields. Those are:
- Ares Bull Charge: Part of the Warrior branch of the skill tree. This ability enhancement summons a projectile that takes the form of a bull charging forward. The projectile knocks down any enemy it hits and pierces though them.
- Ares Madness: Also part of the Warrior branch of the skill tree. Ares Madness will allow players to have a new fighting set that overpowers their enemies for a short period of time.
- Might of Artemis: Part of the Hunter branch of the skill tree. Enemies, when hit by the stun, automatically take critical damage from any subsequent melee attack for the duration of the stun.
- Kronos Time Warp: Part of the Assassin branch of the skill tree. This ability will grant each head shot additional slow-down time and higher damage, which is perfect for fighting enemies.
But what if you didn’t finish the main story?
Don’t worry if you’ve been slacking, Ubi has you covered. Well, they sort of do, though there are drawbacks. Maybe the biggest is that you won’t be able to accrue achievements.
Though it’s also a bummer is that you can’t carry your hero back into the main game. But even so, you can start this new storyline anyway thanks to a cheat… of sorts.
In order to play Fields of Elysium, players will have two different options:
- Following the main game, players will have to complete the questline Between Two Worlds, the mythological main game story arc, and Heir of Memories, the Lost Tales of Greece questline that is available after completing the former questline. Finally, they must have reached character Level 28 or above.
- Otherwise, players will be able to use a shortcut created specifically for those who would like to play The Fate of Atlantis and who do not fulfill all the above conditions. Thanks to this shortcut, players will enter Greece at Level 52 with preset abilities and resources enabling them to start their adventure into the afterlife with the Lost Tales of Greece questline Heir of Memories. They will also have the opportunity to choose their hero. However, unlike the previous option, player progression using the shortcut will not carry over to the main game save, and they will not be able to obtain achievements.