Continuing the rebirth of the WWE 2K series, 2K games and Visual Concepts has jumped the gun a bit and delivered a fresh list of what’s new.
Ring the bell
You undoubtedly know the story of WWE 2K by now. If you don’t though, it’s a pretty straightforward one. More or less, the wrestling game series was a staple with yearly releases as the premier grappling title. Was it worthy of that designation? Eh, maybe not, but it was what it was and it was the only wrestling game out there too.
But then WWE 2K20 hit. That specific game was not only underwhelming, but broken in numerous ways. And as a result it ended the series’ release streak, with a 1 year break. But now it’s coming back. Visual Concepts is majorly overhauling WWE 2K for the ’22 edition, which is set to arrive in March 2022.
Originally, the developer said that they would be posting news about the revamp sometime in January, but they just couldn’t wait. So instead of hanging on til after the Holidays, they delivered it… this week.
Here’s a hint as to what’ll be coming:
- Redesigned Gameplay Engine: The most important change in WWE 2K22 is in the engine itself. Visual Concepts redesigned the gameplay and animation engine from the ground up to make every dive, kickout, and finisher feel as real as if players were sitting ringside at WrestleMania. As soon as players pick up the controller, they’ll feel the difference;
- New Controls: The updated and incredibly intuitive control scheme hits different this year. Configured to ensure that players have more control over every move, in every situation, WWE 2K22 is easy to pick up and play, while still allowing for high-skill expression;
- Stunning Graphics: Simply put, WWE 2K22 boasts the best-ever graphics of the WWE 2KScanning and animations are executed using the same industry-leading process as Visual Concepts’ NBA 2K franchise and the team overhauled lighting and relit the game from the ground up;
- Immersive Presentation: The most dynamic entry in the series to date will take players out of the crowd and into the ring, creating an authentic WWE feeling throughout the game;
- New WWE 2K Showcase: Players can take a walk down memory lane and relive a legendary WWE Superstar’s most iconic matches and moments;
- MyGM: Players will draft superstars, book matches, manage contracts, and prove they have what it takes to run the most successful brand in sports entertainment;
- MyFACTION: In a franchise-first, the all-new MyFACTION puts players in control of building a legendary faction that rivals the iconic nWo. Players will collect, manage, and upgrade Superstars, with weekly events and regular updates;
- MyRISE: An opportunity for players to experience the journey of a WWE Superstar from the humble beginnings of a Rookie, followed by the fanfare as a Superstar, and then immortalized as a Legend. New storylines will be available for both male and female MyPLAYERs;
- Universe Mode: Universe Mode returns, offering players more control than ever before over brands, PPVs, match results, rivalries, and much more;
- Creation Suite: The Creation Suite is back and better than ever. Players can be themselves or someone/something entirely different, with all sorts of wild options and fantasy elements, then step into the ring at anytime and anywhere in the world.