Playable in the upcoming LEGO DC Super Villains, Darkseid is looking impressive, not to mention sounding great with Michael Ironside’s vocals.
I don’t know how fair it is that you can play as Darkseid in LEGO DC Super Villains, but it sure does look like fun. The Lord of Apokalypse comes complete with super-strength, flight, and those awesome Omega Effect eye-beams. Yep, he’s going to be a force. And getting him voiced by Superman: The Animated Series alum Michael Ironside is just making him all that much cooler.
Though, he’s not the only former DC animated universe player to reprise their role. The cast here is impressive to say the least, and includes:
- Mark Hamill (The Joker)
- Kevin Conroy (Batman)
- Fred Tatasciore (Clayface, Doomsday, Killer Croc)
- Gina Torres (Superwoman)
- Brandon Routh (Shazam)
- Gilbert Gottfried (Mister Mxyzptlk)
- Mark Rolston (Deathstroke)
- Scott Porter (Aquaman)
- Julie Nathanson (Silver Banshee)
- Michael Rosenbaum (Flash)
- Tara Strong (Harley Quinn)
- C. Thomas Howell (Reverse-Flash)
- Cissy Jones (Lois Lane)
- Clancy Brown (Lex Luthor)
- Wally Wingert (Riddler)
- Tasia Valenza (Poison Ivy)
- Tom Kane (Commissioner Gordon)
- Lex Lang (Deathstorm)
- Travis Willingham (Superman)
- JB Blanc (Penguin, Ra’s al Ghul)
- Eric Bauza (Mister Freeze)
I’m a little disappointed that Traveller’s Tales didn’t get the Last Son of Krypton from S:TAS, actor Tim Daley for the role of the Superman. Otherwise though, this is some top notch talent. Combine that with the ability to make your own characters in the narrative mode and what looks to be a great comics-based story, and you just might have a winner here.
LEGO DC Super Villains hits for consoles and the PC this October the 16th. Oh, and if you’re going to be at NYCC next week, you’ll be able to play it early. Much like SDCC this past July, Warner Bros will have the game on hand and playable, with kiosks ready. Find them at booth #SC01 – that’s the DC Comics booth.