The long-awaited Switch port of action/RPG Titan Quest is finally almost here. The game itself hits at the end of July. The new trailer hits now.
From Age of Empires co-creator Brian Sullivan and Braveheart writer Randall Wallace comes an action role playing game set in ancient Greece, Egypt and Asia. The Titans have escaped their eternal prison, wreaking havoc upon the earth. The gods seek a hero who can turn the tide in an epic struggle that will determine the fate of both men and gods. Are you ready for the quest?
This one’s a classic in every sense. Titan Quest not only came out on the PC seemingly ages ago (2006), but it’s also held in pretty high regard. That might be partially because there aren’t all that many aRPG’s in general anymore. And then when one gets as much right as TQ does, well it’s worth remembering. Remembering, and maybe a re-release or two.
The Switch version of the game was announced some time ago, but it’s finally gotten a release date from THQ. There’s some good news too, since it’s set to arrive on July 31st, just in time to beat back the deep summer doldrums.
As for what’s included, here are bullets, right from the publisher:
- Explore the Ancient World – Unlock arcane mysteries as you journey to legendary locations
- Conquer Monsters of Legend – Battle mythical beasts in a story-driven campaign that will determine the fate of all existence
- Highly Customizable Characters – Build and customize your characters with 28 classes and over 1000 pieces of unique and legendary items to create the ultimate champion
- Online Multiplayer Gameplay – Challenge others to experience the story in fast-action, 2-6 player online cooperative gameplay
- Console controls & UI – Tailor made UI and controls for a perfect ARPG experience using a gamepad
- Remastered graphics – Fully reworked textures for an up to date Titan Quest experience