We all pretty much do it. And if you waited till the last week and you still don’t have a costume either, then you’ll want to see what Spirit Halloween has in stock.
Last minute duds
What do you want to be for Halloween? With plenty of parties happening this week, and on the weekend, you’re probably going to need something. And that’s especially true if you’re taking someone out trick or treating next Monday. Or, you know, if you’re going to be making the rounds yourself. You want to be ‘in spirit’ after all.
So if you did wait longer than you probably should have, then Spirit is just what you need. The costumer has an impressive selection of wearables in stock, including some from comic book and video game properties.
“Spirit Halloween offers the most comprehensive selection of Halloween costumes, décor and accessories in the world,” said Steven Silverstein, President and CEO, Spirit Halloween. “This year, we’re thrilled to bring together a fun, diverse collection found only at Spirit Halloween stores nationwide or online, inspired by both time- tested favorites and trending topics, to ensure a fun and creepy time. From 2016’s global phenomenon, Pokémon, to powerful women, to the presidential candidates, our costumes truly transform our customers into any character they can dream up this Halloween.”
I’d probably stay away form the presidential candidates, but that’s just me. Plenty of other suggestions exist though, and Spirit has assembled just that for you to have a peek at.
Here’s what the retailer is promoting for Halloween 2016:
- Anti-heroes: 2016 is all about the anti-heroes. And doesn’t it feel so good to be bad! Harley Quinn, the Joker and Deadpool all combine the daring and mischievous traits of a villain with the heart of a hero.
- Girl Power: Who runs the world? Girls. Fierce, fearless females remain popular this year, with super heroines Supergirl, Batgirl and Wonder Woman (who celebrates her 75th super hero-versary in 2016!) as well as real-life heroes: doctors, police officers and firefighters. Daughters will be thrilled to coordinate with moms in costumes for all sizes.
- Election 2016: America’s top candidates for president are the most controversial to date. Spirit Halloween has both realistic and humorous candidate masks and wigs for a creative political statement. Accessorize your candidate to show their sexy side, devilish demeanor or even what they’d look like behind bars.
- Gaming: Level-up with the phenomenon that took the world by storm this year: Pokémon. Other fan-favorite gamer costumes for 2016 include Fallout, Assassin’s Creed and Five Nights at Freddy’s.
- Anime: This Japanese cultural icon has crossed the Pacific! Hone battle skills and dress the part of a Dragon Ball Z warrior, an Attack On Titan cadet or a Naruto ninja in anime-inspired costumes.
- Crayola: Color outside the lines with new Crayola costumes. Collaborate with friends to bring a rainbow of Crayola crayons to life. An easy last- minute costume for shoppers of every age, and perfect for teachers celebrating Halloween and creativity in the classroom.
- Trending Tykes: Let the little ones’ imaginations soar as they transform into today’s most-loved cartoon friends, including official styles you won’t find anywhere else from PJ Masks, Shimmer and Shine, Paw Patrol and Blaze and the Monster Machines.
- Pop Culture: Go viral with looks from the most talked about topics of the year from FX’s smash hit “American Horror Story” to musical legends Prince and David Bowie.
- #TBT: Throw it back to iconic characters of Halloweens past for a #trendingcostume. From horror classics to beloved characters Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 & 2 and TMNT, these costumes are a guaranteed high five.
- DIY: Express individuality with a large selection of basics and beyond in every color to elevate a do-it-yourself look. Take a Spirit Halloween costume over the top with key accessories that strut your style, such as colorful wigs, bright eyelashes, bold makeup, statement-making suspenders, masks or hats of all shapes and sizes.
Ready to pick something for yourself?
Okay, so you’ve read through the above section, and you have an idea of what you’d like to do. That’s great. If you’re sure of who/what you want to ‘cosplay’ as then you’ll want to click here. The link will take you to a region selector. There you can check out where the nearest Spirit Halloween location is. That way you can head on down and pick up what you’re looking to wear… and maybe a few other things. You know how it is.
No Spirit store close to you? Then you can also check out their online shop and have it shipped direct to your door. Make sure you use the code ‘FIVESHIP’ at checkout. That’ll get you $5 USD, three day shipping on any order over $60 USD. We’re pretty close after all, so you might want to make use of that one. And while you’re at it, you might want to try ‘GHOST25’ too. That’ll nab you 25% off any one item. That’s not at all scary.