That was a close one, almost had a system launch that didn’t come with a software update. Whew!
Just ahead of the PlayStation Vita’s launch tomorrow Sony has issued the latest update to the system’s software, the coveted v1.61 update. For those who got their hands on the Vita early and are already running v1.60 the .01 bump will have the exciting result of improving “certain aspects of the system software”. For everyone picking up the Vita tomorrow the update will have the following features:
- A new application, (Maps), has been added to the home screen.
- In addition to photos, you can now take videos using the Photo application.
- You can now publish stories about the products that you rate in PlayStation Store to Facebook.
- In near, players’ information is now displayed on the Discoveries screen. On this screen, a list of the online IDs of up to 100 players that you have encountered, and the number of times that you encountered each player, are displayed. Tap an online ID to display that player’s profile screen.
- The Mac OS version of Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation has been released. The Windows version has also been updated.
Happy updating everyone!
Source: PlayStation Blog